[Zope] Getting at Zope (Version) Transactions

Darin Lee leedm@state.mi.us
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:40:01 -0400

Hail Zopistas,

I would like to develop a "what's new" method that parses/accesses the undo transactions list for certain documents so I can post basic information about when they were added, updated etc. in a DTML method for display on my index page. This would also come in very handy for a file-archive system I am planning on building. (I'm talking about the info that shows up when you hit the "undo" link in Zope manager).

Is there a way to get at the transaction data? Is this data stored after a version is merged back into the main ZOBD? What would be the best way in Zope to parse this log for certain types, and generate a DTML method? Does Zope support Regular Expressions?

I hail from the Perl coders guild (where generating and parsing text/sql is a relatively easy, albeit messy, task) - but am new to Python and OOP in general. However, now that I have Zoped, I can see there's no turning back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Darin Lee

Darin M. Lee
Analyst / Web Administrator