[Zope] Backing Up Zope (was: Re: [Zope] Data.fs.lock?)

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:47:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Wilkinson Charlie E wrote:

> Another random thought is that if ZODB transactions and
> writes are atomic, than none of this should be an issue.
> Anyone know the answer to that one?

It is my understanding that the ZODB on disk is always in a consistent
state; Jim has said, in the past, that you can simply make a copy of
Data.fs, even while Zope is running, without problems.

Based on that, I think the answer to the above is yes.

> -cw-

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                               704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                      mailto:jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                         http://www.goingv.com/