[Zope] Re: Prototyped folders?

Jim Hebert jim@cosource.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:27:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Hamish Lawson wrote:

> I wrote:
>
>   If a folder doesn't itself contain a required object or method, I'd
>   like to have another folder looked in instead. The fall-back folder
>   won't necessarily (and often can't) be higher in the hierarchy, so
>   acquisition doesn't seem to be a solution.

Sorry to jump in late on the thread, just joined the list.

Is there a reason you can't do this by just messing with the namespaces
stack, ie, adding additional folders to it?

(Or a reason that's not a good idea? That's what I've been known to
do, if I correctly understand your goal...)

jim

--
Jim Hebert                                       http://www.cosource.com/
jim@cosource.com          The cooperative market for open source software

"Well actually I was considering opening a market in flying pigs. Mostly
because it would be more practical...." -- Alan Cox