[Zope] RE: Ref mxODBC and Zope

Jay, Dylan djay@lucent.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:52:25 +1000

no, but I have since worked out how do it... I think.

The problem is that the DateTime module of mxODBC is compiled. It needs to
be renamed or repackaged to prevent the name confict. Then it needs to be
recompiled. On unix I don't think this is very hard. However I am windows
and this will require me to install MSVC and learn how to compile a python
module dll from c code. This is not something I've had the time for.

So if you or anyone else has achieved this or wants to give it a go I would
dearly love a copy of the resulting dll. A mxODBC DA would drasticly improve
the performance of my site.