[Zope] 2.2b3 hangs a lot

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:41:37 -0400

> been running 2.2.0b3 for a few days now.
> config
> redhat6.1
> postgres
> ZPygreSql
> kmnetnews
>
> after some time, zope just hangs.  when i do top, there's no
> processor usage at
> all on all python processes.  after a few minutes, zopes wake
> up  and continue
> to serve.  the cycle continues after some time.  the hangup
> is very sporadic.
> <snip>

If you look at the server logs when it hangs, do you see any
pattern as to what was requested when this happens? I haven't
been hearing of any hanging issues with the 2.2 betas, which
makes me suspect that something specific to this site may be
in play here.

The fact that it comes back to life on its own after a while
makes me think that this is either a very strange system
issue or tied up with something that has a timeout (for ex.
is it possible that a query is trying to run, timing out
against the postgres database?) If the PygresSql DA is not
fully thread-safe then I could imagine this as a possiblity.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909