[Zope] MySQL Select Statements

Ron Bickers rbickers@logicetc.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:10:46 -0400

Thanks for clarifying that.  I hope the 1.2.0 DA continues to follow your
(Andy's) changes to the MySQLdb so that we can have a nice, working, stable
db/DA combination.

> what the solution is for this. It may be necessary to have the ZMySQLDA
> package include another DA: ZMySQLTDA for transactions. The standard DA

Please not two DAs just for the difference in transaction support.

> Obviously the application designer will have to use the right DA for the
> right table type...

It should be as simple as the application designer actually knowing what
they're doing by knowing whether or not they're working with a table that
supports transactions or not, and just not using BEGIN/COMMIT/ROLLBACK when
they're not.  Or is it too much to ask that designers know what they're
doing? :-)

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.
rbickers@logicetc.com