[Zope] I got it!

glyph@twistedmatrix.com glyph@twistedmatrix.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:10:52 -0500 (EST)

On 29 Feb, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:46:38 -0500 (EST)
> glyph  <glyph@twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a simple way to "turn on" SSL in ZServer, or will I need
>> to use Apache to serve?
>
> Not that I know of.  AFAICT you currently need to have Apache front
> for ZServer (and Apache thus provide SSL).  There's a python package
> going about (see archives) that holds out the promise of being able
> to do SSL in ZServer, but I don't know that anybody has done that
> yet.  It would also (seemingly) suffer the same problems as the
> Apache route in that it would be an all-or-nothing approach.
>
> Please realise, I've not /done/ all this, its just what I've genned
> from the list, and may be in error.

Okay.  Perhaps someone else on the list can answer this one then: I
have a standard Debian install of Zope.  ZServer works fine.  Apache
works fine.  Zope shows up fine in apache.  Except... I can't log in.
At all.  With any username.  What do I have to do to get Apache to
recognize Zope's authentication?

--