[Zope] how much resource?

- bak@nstp.com.my
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:35:34 +0800

hi all,
i'm happy to say that our site (www.emedia.com.my) has been running steadily
since feb.  and we got our first 1M hits per day yesterday, and zope didn't
screeched to a halt.

now i'm wondering how much resource <dtml-if> ..<dtml-call>, <dtml-in> affect
the sending out of data to users.  will a lot of if and ins bog down the
server?  i wanted to do two different page for the same contents i.e. pages
with tables, and without tables.  i intend to do as what zope.org does for
printable page where we set a variable in the url or maybe set a cookie.  to do
that, i need to have an if statement in all files looking for that particular
variable and render the apropriate header file.   will this affect response
time? i've looked at chameleon skin but could not grasp the way it works.

if anyone got better ideas, better solution, shoot it here.  thanks

http://www.kedai.com.my/kk
Am I Evil?