[Zope] why doesn't this work with tree tag

Andy Heath a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
Thu, 02 Mar 2000 12:33:58 +0000

In the depths of a tree tag I want to pick up a
property of the "current" object without acquisition
if the property isn't present.

This code seems to work when used not in a tree tag
but when its in a tree tag it still finds the property
from higher up in the acquisition space.

<dtml-with this only>
    <dtml-if rubbish>
              <dtml-var rubbish>
    </dtml-if>
</dtml-with>

What gives? How can I do this?

The version below doesn't fall over if the property
isn't present on that object, it just finds it by acq.

Code below should fall over but doesn't
----------------------------------
           <dtml-tree expr="lists" branches=objectValues sort=order>

        <dtml-if "meta_type=='Folder'">
            <dtml-var title_or_id>
        <dtml-else>
            <dtml-if "kind=='discussion'">
                    <A HREF="<dtml-var listURL>">
                    <dtml-var title_or_id></A>
            <dtml-else>

<dtml-with this only>
                         <dtml-var rubbish>
</dtml-with>

            </dtml-if>
        </dtml-if>
        <dtml-if listinfo>
            (<dtml-var listinfo>)
        </dtml-if>

</dtml-tree>

Andy
sorry for so many q's. I promise to give back when I can.
Andy Heath                    a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
The Open University           +44 (0) 114 2885738