[Zope] ZOPE! I HATE YOU!

jiva@devware.com jiva@devware.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:52:57 -0700

It used to be that I was so open minded when it came to web
technologies.  I used to say "Oh yeah, pick whatever you want, we can
do it in that."  I used to say "No problem!  We can use your scripting
technology!  It's just as good as any other."  And I would, and they
would, and we did.  And we'd all stand around and say "Yeah
man... that's cool."

And then Zope entered my life.  And NOW I simply can't think of
virtually any project that Zope wouldn't do a better job of serving
than those *other* technologies.  It's very frustrating when every
time you see a project you think "Oh, Zope would make that SO much
easier!"  Especially any time someone mentions the word "Database" and
"Web" in close proximity.  The truly frustrating part is staying
focused on the problem-space when you have such a fun technology to
play with.

Now in some ways I'll admit, this is an exaggeration.  Obviously,
there ARE lots of cases when Zope isn't appropriate, but I just wanted
to shout out a big thanks for developing such an awesome system that
makes developing apps so easy to do.  Now if I could just get my mind
off of it's possibilities long enough to evaluate those OTHER
technologies objectively, then I'd be in good shape. ;D

--
Juall's Law on Nice Guys:
	Nice guys don't always finish last; sometimes they don't finish.