[Zope] HELP! Oracle Stored Procedures

Monty Taylor mtaylor@goldridge.net
Thu, 02 Mar 2000 21:00:05 +0000

--------------8053B3711AB4EDEDBD654C82

Hey guys.

I'm currently in a minor bidding war with the Oracle group here over
whether we re-implement some intranet programs in Zope or in Oracle
WebDB. I've got them on just about everything, except calling stored
procedures.
Now, I know that ZOracleDA supports Stored Procedures. So I'm guessing
that something like the following would work, but I'll be buggered if I
can figure out how.

ZOracleDA Connection : oracle_da
External Method : find_target(search_string)
Oracle Package : Program1
Oracle Procedure : Proc1

def find_target(self, search_string):
  c=self.oracle_da.cursor()
  s=self.oracle_da.procedures.Program1.Proc1(search_string,c)
  return c.fetchall()

Am I missing something? I can't even get --
>>> import DCOracle
>>> dbh=DCOracle.Connect('user/pass@DB1')
>>> c=dbh.cursor()
>>> sth=dbh.procedures.pgm1_api.find_target('spam',c)
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File
"/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/ZOracleDA/DCOracle/ociProc.py",
line 324, in __getattr__
    raise error, 'no usable procedure named '+name
oci.error: no usable procedure named pgm1_api.find_target

-- to work.

HELP me stave off the Evil Empire ( and my own impending descent into
uselessness )

Thanks,
Monty

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.
--------------8053B3711AB4EDEDBD654C82

begin:vcard
n:Taylor;Monty
tel;cell:+31 (0)6 200 17486
tel;fax:+31 (0)20 589 5566
tel;work:+31 (0)20 589 5517
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.goldridge.net
org:Information Innovation
adr:;;Amstelveenseweg 88-90;Amsterdam;;1075 XJ;The Netherlands
version:2.1
email;internet:mtaylor@goldridge.net
title:Information Artist
x-mozilla-cpt:;0