[Zope] how much resource?

- bak@nstp.com.my
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:57:36 +0800

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000, Jatwood@bwanazulia.com wrote:
> To fully round out this little performance study (small study of
> course) could you tell us what capacity the machine is at as far as
> you know, what Zope version you are running and with what
> configuration (Zserver alone, w/ Apache etc)?
>
> These kinds of things are really helpful in determining Zope's
> ability to scale and in winning out the hearts of iCEO's.
>
> Thanks,
> JMA

okey dokey.  the setup is not that big.  we're just starting out and are just
feeling our way here.  what we have:

a PIII 500 M compaq 5500 ,smartscsi with RH 6.1, zope 2.1.3. i tried running
zserver with fast cgi but it choked with high load.  so, in the end, it's
apache with pcgi.  so far, it handles all the traffic beautifully.

what we want, however - reliability, availability of our site, so that's where
we need to look now.  caching is also another matter.  currently we enabled
apache expire module, but  not quite sure whether that would have any effect on
pages served by zope.

http://www.kedai.com.my/kk
Am I Evil?