[Zope] I cannot login (WorldPilot)

Jack Ungerleider jack@jacku.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 20:59:25 -0600

Greetings.

To start imapd should be set to run vie inetd. In the /usr/doc/packages/pop
directory look at the BUILD file. This has the information for setting up
inetd.conf to work with the imapd. In short you need to edit a few lines of the
inetd that comes with SuSE. Mostly you will need to uncomment the imap lines
they should look like this:

imap2   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/imapd
pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/ipop3d

This will allow you to use the imap server or the pop server if you want to.

You may also want to check your configuration with a regular IMAP compatible
mail client like Netscape Messinger. FWIW I'm running WorldPilot on my test
server that is SuSE 6.2 (upgraded from 6.0) and works well.

Good Luck!
Jack

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000, Javier Campos Morales wrote:
> >%_I have Suse 6.2
>
> I cannot login worldpilot.
>
> I have sendmail configured in localhost, the Zope sources and compiled
> without problems.
> I installed the package "pop"  with fetchmail, pop3d and imapd. I don't know
> if I must to execute imapd but I do this and the process stop by autologout.
> The propierties of woldpilot are id=worldpilot Title=WorldPilot
> imap=localhost smtp=localost.
> I introduce the user and password of my local users and it seems that dont
> have effect.
>
> ¿What is the problem?¿Where are the users?

Jack Ungerleider
The Ungerleider Group
Creative Solutions for Cooperative Computing
jack@jacku.com
www.jacku.com