[Zope] Installation trouble on Solaris 2.6

tony mcdonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 22:38:46 +0000

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000 14:25:19 -0800 michel@digicool.com (Michel Pelletier)
wrote:

>Zach Frey wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to install Zope from source on a Solaris 2.6 system,
>> and I'm running into problems.
>
>It looks like your dynamic linker cannot find your python libraries.
>There is an environment variable that you must set so that the linker
>can find any libraries needed by shared library modules like
>ExtensionClass.so.  I believe the env variable beings with LD_.  Do an
>'env' (in bash at least) and look for something like that.  I never
>remeber it cuz in Linux you just edit a file.

Sorry, coming in late here. The Env variable you need is LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Mine
is set to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/:/usr/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib:/usr/local/lib/mys
ql

(I know this 'cos I did a new Zope install the other day on an account that
only had
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/:/usr/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib
I started the Zope server under that account and found a broken MySQL product,
with an error message saying it couldn't load libmysqlclient.so.6. I had cold
chills going down my back for a looong few minutes....shudder)

HTH
Tone