[Zope] Assorted Zope problems

Ed Thomson ethomson@sourcegear.com
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 16:44:57 -0600

Hello-

I've been trying to get our existing Zope server (previously with ZServer
handling http) under Apache.  Here are some problems I ran into:

1. My biggest problem was that Zope uses the SCRIPT_NAME environment
   variable to construct it's notion of the base URI.  Unfortunately,
   SCRIPT_NAME gives the actual script name, not the URI.  So if you
   do a ScriptAlias, or any rewriting inside Apache, this isn't necessarily
   valid.

   An adequate solution seems to be to change
   PYTHONHOME/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py line 211, to use
   DOCUMENT_URI instead of SCRIPT_NAME.

2. I couldn't get Apache with FastCGI and Zope working reliably.  On about
   1% of requests, garbage would be returned, resulting in random broken
   images or pages full of gibberish.  This is with the Oct 06 snapshot of
   FastCGI, compiled into Apache-1.3.12.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Ed