[Zope] Installation trouble on Solaris 2.6

Zach Frey zfrey@bright.net
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 20:29:17 -0500

> Sorry, coming in late here. The Env variable you need is
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Mine is set to

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/:/usr/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib:/usr/local/lib/m
ysql

Thanks, Tony and Michel.  Unfortunately, LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't
seem to solve it, which is really puzzling.

The gory details are:

My base Zope installation is /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.1.4-src.  So,
ExtensionClass.so is in /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.1.4-src/lib/python.
My LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
/usr/local/zope/Zope-2.1.4-src/lib/python:/usr/local/lib:/usr/openwin/lib,
which ought to pick up ExtensionClass.so.

Anything else which would cause the import to fail?  I tried setting
PYTHONPATH too, in desperation, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks,

Zach Frey

P.S.: I did try the binary distribution on Solaris 2.5.1, and can
report that it doesn't work.  Zope fails to start up with an unresolved
symbol error, so it really does require 2.6+.