[Zope] y2kbug - bobobase_modification_time one day back

Wolfgang Strobl ws@mystrobl.de
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 15:11:00 +0100

On 3 Mar 00, at 21:00, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
> > This ist a typical Y2K bug, located in the module TimpeStamp.c,
> > as I suspected earlier.
> >
> > Since nobody followed my hint from earlier this day so far, I took
> > the opportunity to dig a little deeper, learning how to build and
> > replace a python extension on the way.

> People did report this bug elsewhere on the list.

Of course.  Some people suspected a "user error" at first, though.
:-)

Anyway, I wasn't reporting a bug anymore,  I found the probable
cause in the TimeStamp module, in the meantime, and reported
that findings, and a way to fix it, here.

> Apparently we're waiting
> until monday when Jim Fulton can take a look at this. They're pretty sure
> it's just a display problem and not something wrong with the object database,
> but they want to make sure and check with Jim.

Lets hope for the best. :-)

PS: people have asked my for the modified TimeStamp module in
(TimeStamp.pyd on my NT system) in private mail, but I'd prefer to
have them wait for an "official" fix.  Poking around in the object data
base source isn't something to take lightly.

--
mailto:Wolfgang.Strobl@gmd.de, ws@mystrobl.de or
ws@mail.gmd.de