[Zope] Worldpilot/Python help

Matt Welch matt@welcher.net
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 10:03:26 -0400

I was very comfortable in my cozy PHP/MySQL world, until I saw Worldpilot.
I HAD to finally break down and
install Zope so I could have this.  Needless to say, my python/Zope skills
are a little lacking at this point.  I could
use some help.

Everything is installed and working great, except for a couple small
problems with Worldpilot.  I'll detail the most
significant first, and see how we do.

When I try to send mail, I get a Zope error with the following traceback:

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in
publish
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in
publish
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
    (Object: composing)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in
call_object
    (Object: composing)
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/WorldPilot/WorldPilot.py, line
1752, in composing
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/WorldPilot/WorldPilot.py, line
1159, in sendmail
TypeError: not enough arguments; expected 4, got 1

-->

The problem is obviously (to me anyway) that the call to publish in the def
publish_module
(response = publish(request, module_name, after_list, debug=debug)) is only
getting one
argument instead of four.

I'm not sure I understand why, as this is a bit beyond my current
comprehension of python at the moment.
A gentle push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt