[Zope] POLL: Preferred browser?

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:23:36 +1100

On Mon, 06 Mar 2000, Kiran Jonnalagadda wrote:
> Curtis Maloney wrote:
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Look, I don't want to start any holy wars, just to get a head count, more or
> > less.  But what are peoples preferred browsers for ZOPE development?
>

> I use Netscape 4.7 on Linux. It's stable and has a significant advantage
> over IE: I don't lose any data if there's been an error and I need to
> hit "back" (IE says cache's expired). Fellow Windows using Zope
> developer here needs to remind himself to copy to clipboard before
> committing anything.

Well, you see... here's my problem.  I am using NS 4.7 on Linux.  And it chews
up memory like it's going out of style.  If I don't keep an eye on it, I wind
up in a swap-frenzy, and having to wait up to 5 minutes for response to any
keystroke (always the "KILL THE DAMN APP" keystroke :)

As for IE, i've had no 'back' problems with it when i do work from home (that
box is mostly for playing, so why not have a toy OS ? :)

--
Have a better one,
	Curtis.

<dtml-var standard_work_disclaimer>