[Zope] Re: zope 2.1.3-1 deb package

Gregor Hoffleit flight@53b.de
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:19:55 +0100

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

Hi Petr,

I found the solution to your problem:

Zope here behaves different, depending on if it's running in normal or in
debug mode ("z2.py -D"). The deb package start up Zope in normal operation
mode, while the binary release's start script starts up Zope in debug mode.

When used in debug mode, Zope appearently doesn't cache extensions,
therefore you don't need to tell it that the module has changed. In normal
operation though, it seems to cache them, so that you have to "edit" the
method to tell Zope something has changed.

As I said, I guess it's a performace question and therefore an intended
feature. At least it's no bug in the deb ;-)

    Gregor
   =20

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 09:48:58AM +0100, Petr Knapek wrote:
> sorry that I answer now, but I havn't be on e-mail past few days. I
> tried to chenge the content of an external method in binary release and
> it worked as I had written. The zope has seen the change automatically
> without any additional 'Edit' of the external method. That is the 2.1.3
> zope deb package seems to have different functionality. I have to note
> the binary release was 2.1.2 and not 2.1.3. I havn't tested it with
> binary release 2.1.3.

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND--