[Zope] GUF or MySQLUF?

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:34:26 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Ragnar Beer wrote:

> I have to decide which product to use to organise users' access using
> data from a MySQL database. As far as I can see I could use
> GenericUserFolder or MySQL UserFolder. Looking at the list it seems
> that GenericUserFolder is the one that's used more often and that's
> supported better. Or does it only make more trouble? I would be glad
> to receive some advice or get some comments.

If MySQL does everything you need, it is probably the better choice.
GenericUserFolder is more complicated to setup (so it appears better
supported as their are more questions), and exists to support sites
with more unusual requirements.

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au