[Zope] RE: A zope fear...

George Runyan grunyan@emerging.com
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:20:37 -0600

have you figured out a way to move through the ZODB for a certain type of
object?  and then manipulate it in the way you need?  I'm having this same
concern from a project right now -- they are scared to put content in ZOPE
because if we move to another content manager- we may not be able to get the
data out (please point me to info).

your secondary question is just as valid:  versioning lingo in zope is not
versioning as in source versioning but a 'temporary lock' on files.  things
look differently in/outside of versions.  thats versioning now.  how about
retaining 'versions' of a website (I think vignette does this) - so I can
call (if I had diskspace and *WANTED* to) my website and say, "what did the
frontpage look like last month?, last week?, two days ago?" <- anyone worked
with this, because this is what is typically referred to as 'versioning' (I
believe).

thanks,
george runyan		grunyan@emerging.com