[Zope] formatting a date string

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:18:12 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Graham Chiu wrote:

> What had me confused is that
>
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('CurrentDate', ZopeTime().Date())">
> <dtml-var Currentdate>
>
> and
>
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('CurrentDate', ZopeTime().Date)">
> <dtml-var Currentdate>
>
> both display the same date string whereas I guess the latter should
> display an error.  It only reports an error when I try to do something
> else with the variable.

In the second case, I guess <dtml-var CurrentDate> is recognizing that
CurrentDate is a reference to a function and calling it.

I understand, now, how that had you confused. Anyway, glad it's working!

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/