[Zope] Zope needs this (and Dynamo has it)

Patrick Phalen zope@teleo.net
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:10:08 -0800

[Martijn Faassen, on Tue, 07 Mar 2000]
:: Thomas Stenhaug wrote:
:: > * Alexander Staubo
:: > [...]
:: > | Zope desperately needs native support for XSL/XSLT as an alternative
:: > | transformation language.
:: >
:: > I second that.
::
:: Thirded. I discussed starting somekind of Zope-XML SIG with Amos Latteier
:: and generally he's favorable to this, but how do we start? We need a mailing
:: list for starters..

One place to start might be to join the Python XML SIG. It has a high
S/N and most of the discussion is probably relevant to the Zope XML
effort.

It would provide the benefit of knowing what's currently available from
AMK, Four Thought, etc., which might be reusable for Zope.

Four Thought's 4DOM, 4XSLT, 4XPath are getting pretty mature, with 4ODS
and 4XLink in the wings.

Additionally, if you haven't the bandwidth (I certainly don't) to
follow the xml-dev newsgroup, the XML SIG gives you a filtered view of
all the mighty standards power struggles going on as we speak in the XML
world, so you can have some perspective on the right time to jump on the
Schema train and so forth.