[Zope] POLL: Preferred browser?

JB jimbag@kw.igs.net
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 15:21:27 -0500

Curtis Maloney wrote:

In light of this POLL, I was inspired to cobble together the environment
I use and release it on the Zope site. I build some Python code which
allows me to traverse the Folders in Zope via Medusa FTP and use my own
editor to handle the DTML. I basically just view the site in Netscape
and use this.. uh.. ZopeEDIT thing to handle the DTML. I tried the emacs
ftp way, but found emacs to be too big and ugly for me. Editing in
Netscape is a nightmare because I'm so used to my key combos in my
editor. I kept deleting stuff. Now I can take advantage of all the
macros I have built for my editor and syntax highlighting too. BTW, I'm
running this on Linux but the thing is written in Python so it should be
portable.

You can check out the product at
http://www.zope.org/Members/jimbag/ZopeEDIT/

cheers