[Zope] Multiple paths to same documents

Flemming Funch ffunch@worldtrans.org
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 19:34:41 -0800

I'm new with Zope.

One thing I'm looking for how to do is the effect that one document might
virtually be stored in multiple folders.

For example, if I keep a hierarchy of folders that is an archive of
articles, maybe stored chronologically in a folder for each month or
something like that. But then I also want those same articles to appear in
other folder hierarchies, categorizing and organizing them in various ways.
And I don't just want to put duplicates of the document in there. I'd like
that if somebody updates the original, the virtual documents in the other
folders update too.

Is there some obvious DHTML statement or trick I don't know about yet? Or a
Product that does something useful about this? Essentially I'm looking for
an equivalent to symbolic or hard links to files in a Unix file system.

- Flemming

   / * \  New Civilization Network / Synchronicity Networks
  / * * \                ffunch@worldtrans.org