[Zope] Zope Newbie Question [ Variables? ]

Luis Cortes lcortes@flash.net
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 20:17:30 -0700

While trying to create the mail form example from the How To I created a
property (I thought they where like global variables) with the same name as
"comments", and the example failed to work.

Once I removed the property, the example worked fine.
Can someone explain why?  Are properties like global variables? Can
you change their values?

mail form example ...

<!--#var standard_html_header-->
<H2>We want your input!</H2>
<form action="SendFeedback" method="post">
Your Name: <input type="text" name="name" size="40">
<textarea name="comments" rows="10" cols="50">
Type your comments here.
</textarea><br>
<input type="submit" value="Send Feedback">
</form>
<!--#var standard_html_footer-->

 ... sendFeedback ...

<!--#var standard_html_header-->