[Zope] newbie tree q - how collapse and expand

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 12:08:33 -0000

Usin tree-s/c/e is going to be a bit problematic.

In my understanding those vars are built from the context of the node in the
tree, so if you add/remove anything to/from the tree then the tree-s/c/e
will change.

There doesn't seem to be anyway of going to a particular point in a tree
with any certainty.

I did this on one site for example, it's a prospectus for a college, the
tree is built from calls to a sql database.  Adding or removing records from
this database totally changed the tree-s/c/e vars that each node is
associated with.

I hope I'm wrong about that but I have a horrible feeling that I'm right.

Please someone prove me wrong.

Phil
phil.harris@zope.co.uk