[Zope] Indexing dtml/html files

Anders Holmbech Nielsen ahn2@integrator.dk
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:15:17 +0100

>on Thursday, March 09, 2000 Anders Holmbech Nielsen wrote :
>AHN> Hi,
>
>AHN> Is it possible to use catalog to index ordinary html pages intelligent ?
>
>AHN> If I have a html(dtml) file like:
>
>AHN> <HTML>
>AHN> Are you Intelligent ?
>AHN> A. Einstein
>AHN> </HTML>
>
>AHN> I would like to index the title and the author id's, for which
>I could search.
>
>AHN> Is it possible ??
>
>I guess you could do it in XML-documents, that are
>inherently more machine-readable than html..
>Otherwise, storing title and author in properties would
>do the trick for zcatalog..Not exactly what you ask for, but
>as close as i can get with my skills..
>I guess you could write a pythonmethod to extract title
>and author from the html and store them in properties so
>that they could be easily indexed..

actually I do have xml documents also but it is for an automatic
system where the upload is done via webdav or ftp. So I need a way to
upload Zope xmldocuments from a client.

I am not a Python programmer and would rather find a solution without
doing some coding. But I have found the urls to find and update the
index from the client. But now I need to upload xml documents to Zope
AS xml documents. Is there an easy way to this ?

>--
>Geir B Hansen
>web-developer/designer
>geirh@funcom.com
>http://www.funcom.com

Regards

Anders Holmbech Nielsen | Tlf:  (+45) 70 22 56 00
Software Engineer       | Fax:  (+45) 70 22 57 00
Integrator Uniware A/S  | http:/www.integrator.dk