[Zope] Finding crash information

Jon Prettyman jprettyman@acm.org
09 Mar 2000 09:24:29 -0800

I'm having a serious problem with my Zope server running in
production.

Platform: RedHat Linux 6 (2.2.12-20 kernel)
          Python 1.5.2
          Zope 2.1.4
          starting with: python z2.py
                         as root/nobody on port 80 straight ZServer

Under load (not too heavy, but busy) the Zope process SILENTLY stops.
I get no traceback info anywhere that I can see.  Nothing to
stdout/stderr, nothing in Z2.log.

If I start as: python z2.py -Z '' to prevent the fork and detach I
still get no message when the crash occurs.

I can't run this in DEBUG mode because I'm using GUF cookie mode to
authenticate and the login screen ends up showing an exception error
(by design?)

If anyone can tell me how to run in DEBUG mode but make GUF still hide
the exception error that would be a big help.

If anyone can help me keep this server from crashing every forty-five
minutes I'll buy 'em a beer next time they're in Portland.

-Jon

BTW, the site is very non-exotic.  GenericUserFolder with a lot of
static content and one ZCatalog w/CatalogAware ZClass.