[Zope] Syntax error in XML-RPC How to?

Andrew Diller dillera@isc.upenn.edu
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 14:29:19 -0500

hi: I'm trying to use the BasicAuth example in the "XML-RPC How To"

http://www.zope.org/Members/Amos/XML-RPC

I keep getting the Zope error when creaing the External Method:

            Error Type: SyntaxError
            Error Value: invalid syntax

--------

I've just cut and pasted this from the webpage, only removed extra padding spaces, and spliced the one big
line back together:
 h.putheader("AUTHORIZATION", "Basic %s" % string.replace(encodestring("%s:%s" % (self.username,
self.password)),"\012", ""))

The code defines a class and a def:

---------------
class BasicAuthTransport(xmlrpclib.Transport):
    def __init__(self, username=xxxx, password=xxxx):
        self.username=username
        self.password=password

    def request(self, host, handler, request_body):
        # issue XML-RPC request

In the Add External method page, where you enter in the Function name I've tried:

request
BasicAuthTransport
BasicAuthTransport.request
request.BasicAuthTransport

Which is the right one? it want's the Function 'request', right?

So, the syntax error must be something in the script.

Any help would be appreciated.

-andy