[Zope] No resposne to valid HTTP requests.

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 17:35:24 -0800

Curtis Maloney wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Curtis Maloney wrote:> Greetings,
> >

> > So, I got into work this morning, ready for another day of zoping, only to find
> > my server not quite responding properly.  When i went to the manage screen, the
> > tree frame didn't fill, but the right-hand frame was fine.
> >
> > Hmm, thought I.  Oh well... i can work without it.  So, I clicked on the folder
> > for todays work and.....
> >
> > nothing....
> >

> As a follow up... i checked another site of mine, and it is now showing
> IDENTICAL behaviour.
>
> The whole server seems to have locked up.

This really isn't enough information for us to do anything except
console you.  Can you do some more investigation?  Try shutting down
your Zope and going to the lib/python directory and then doing this:

bash$ python
Python 1.5.2 (#0, Apr 13 1999, 10:51:12) [GCC 2.7.2.3] on linux2
>>> import ZPublisher, Zope
>>> ZPublisher.Zope('')

Does that return your top level ('yoursite.org/') content?

Are you using some non-standard modules like SiteAccess?

-Michel