[Zope] No resposne to valid HTTP requests.

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 19:45:23 PST

curtis maloney <curti-@umd.com.au> wrote:
>Yes, I am using SiteAccess.  However, this site has been working ... Two
>seperate sites showing the same problems at the same time?  Coincidence?
>Not likely.

Your problem definitely seems to be coming from
SiteAccess. Evan should be able to help you out.

What you may want to do first is to disable
SiteAccess first. Something like:

http://www.whatever.com/__no_before_traverse__/path/to/rule/manage_main'

Then go to the management screen and UNDO that very last thing
that causes SiteAccess to get into infinite loop. If Zope is
not problem, do you have Apache re-write rules somewhere
modifying your URLs?

The first time I used SiteAccess was also my last time.
It was so freaking scary to have a hang-up situation where
you cannot do anything except cry in desperation. :)
Several people have reported problems with SiteAccess.
It's not that I don't think SiteAccess is great: its
concept is great, just that I don't ever want to get
into this kind of scary situation again. :) I am waiting
another few months before I get more reliable version
of SiteAccess or its equivalent in Zope. And no, thanks,
I won't be a guinea pig to reproduce the bug. :)

Hung Jung