[Zope] REQUEST vraible methods

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:03:13 +0000

>    Exactly this. How do you access Zope from Apache? Proxy, FastCGI or
> PCGI? They all have different methods to pass vars (and I afraid proxy
> doesn't have such way).

Okay, we use proxy :( . Also, the URLs are rewritten by Apache so that all the
relative links don't go to http://zope-host.nipltd.com/mydomain/*whatever* as
opposed to http://www.mydomain.com/*whatever*

What I was thinking is to write a Site Access rule as follows:

If the host name is zope-host.nipltd.com:
	do nothing
else
	<dtml-call "REQUEST.setURL(path='/')">

Maybe storing zope-host.nipltd.com in a property of the root level folder too.
My only problem is finding out what the host name is.

Will REQUEST.environ.HTTP_HOST be set by the time an Access Rule is called?

Chris