[Zope] REQUEST vraible methods

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 22:24:08 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
> Okay, we use proxy :( . Also, the URLs are rewritten by Apache so that all
the
> relative links don't go to http://zope-host.nipltd.com/mydomain/*whatever*
as
> opposed to http://www.mydomain.com/*whatever*
>
> What I was thinking is to write a Site Access rule as follows:
>
> If the host name is zope-host.nipltd.com:
> do nothing
> else
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.setURL(path='/')">

One possible approach here is to have your proxy add a magic path element to
the path, sending http://www.mydomain.com/PATH to
http://zope-host.nipltd.com/PROXIED/mydomain/PATH.

Then have an Access Rule which says:

If "REQUEST.path and REQUEST.path[-1]=='PROXIED'" then "REQUEST.path.pop()"
and "REQUEST.setURL(path='/')".  There doesn't have to be a real object
called PROXIED, it's just a flag to be recognized and discarded by the
Access Rule.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am & digicool