[Zope] No resposne to valid HTTP requests.

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 07:33:31 +0000

Hung Jung Lu wrote:

> The first time I used SiteAccess was also my last time.
> It was so freaking scary to have a hang-up situation where
> you cannot do anything except cry in desperation. :)

When I first used siteaccess, I had a similar moment of terror, but
__no_before_traverse__ let me see that it was my code that caused the
error.

> I am waiting
> another few months before I get more reliable version
> of SiteAccess or its equivalent in Zope. And no, thanks,
> I won't be a guinea pig to reproduce the bug. :)

I've done some really neat things (like securing the management screens)
with SiteAccess that I couldn't dream of doing any other way.  I've
never seen SiteAccess perform in any unadvertised fashion.

Anything that lets me have less than hundreds of zopes is a good
thing(tm) no matter what low-level mucking it has to do.

--
mindlace@imeme.net
good design is as close as I want to get to ideology.