[Zope] Python or C Library error?

Eric L. Walstad ewalstad@energywright.com
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 17:57:45 -0800

Well, I thought I had it working...

I am trying to get MySQL to work with Zope.  I installed ZMySQLDA and was
able to make a connection to a database.  I was even able to make an SQL
method that added records to the table.  However, when I added a method to
lookup a record in the table, I get the following error when I "Add and
Test" it from Zope:

Error, exceptions.ImportError:
/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/_mysqlmodule.so: undefined symbol:
Py_InitModule3

This is the same error I got when I tried to install MySQLdb.  That's why I
tried to install  MySQLDA instead.

However, I can't tell if this error stems from C or from Python.  I don't
know much about Python (the book I ordered isn't here yet), but it looks
like the error is starting there.

If anyone has run into this error before, or has a clue as to how to fix it,
please let me know.

OR, if you have a working Zope/MySQL combo and wouldn't mind sending me a
copy of your '_mysqlmodule.so' binary, maybe that would do it?

Thanks,

Eric.