[Zope] manage_delObjects problem

Thomas Weiner weiner@tu-harburg.de
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:22:50 +0100

"M.J. Stahl" schrieb:

> Can anyone give me any insight as to why the below URL doesn't work.
>
> http://diis/inventory/outofstock/OOSStorage/manage_delObjects?id=8185

manage_delObjects expects 'ids' - which is a list - as parameter. So,
try

http://diis/inventory/outofstock/OOSStorage/manage_delObjects?ids=8185

or:

http://diis/inventory/outofstock/OOSStorage/manage_delObjects?ids:list=8185

> After the URL is visited the manage screen comes up and tells me "No Items
> were specified!"
>
> So I am a little confused as to why there is no item specified, when I am
> sending the 'id' number with the URL, and will the activation of this
> hyperlink take me to the manage screen or just delete the object and leave
> the user at the page where the hyperlink was requested from.

No, the user will be directed to the management screen. To prevent this,
you can either create a dtml method or you put something like:

<dtml-if delobject>
  <dtml-call "manage_delObjects(delobject)">
</dtml-if>

into the calling page and change the link to:

http://diis/inventory/outofstock/OOSStorage?delobject=8185

hth,
Thomas
--