[Zope] Catch error

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:12:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Sin Hang Kin wrote:
> I mean that setting a production flag on the zope server and let all error
> messages goes silent.
>
> It will be very difficult and troublesome to keep track of all errors. Just
> because some one have make a rename on one of my object, or the object is
> being modify and thus not available.

But what would that look like?  The task requested by the user can't
be completed, so they need to get *some* sort of error message.  Or is
it that you are running with -D and so getting the python tracebacks
in the error web pages and you want to eliminate those?  In that
case, just remove the -D from your start script.

> Also, are there anyway to remove all the manage things from a production
> site?

No, but anonymous users can't (by default) access the management
screens.  If your visitors have userids, just don't give them
permission to access the management interface, and they'll never
see it.

--RDM