[Zope] which Linux ?

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:21:37 -0500

Hello

We are about to configure a brand new machine for a Zopesite.

Q: Which Linux to install..

We are tilting to RedHat..

Welcome any comparisons, recommendations, or guides about this..
RedHat
SUSE
Caldera
Debian
Corel
??..

-Is there a recent table or article which lists the pros and cons which
relate to Linux family & Zope?

-What are the statstics among Zope users ?

-Does Digital Creations know?

-Does it matter and if so : why / whynot?

I do _not_ want to start Linux vs. Linux thread.. but it seems to me that a
useful public page should be on zope.org with links to the How-Tos  per
Linux for gotchas etc..

If you prefer reply to me off-list.

Thanks in advance any help.

- Jason Cunliffe

Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS.(Interactive Art and Technology).Design Director