[Zope] which Linux ?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:59:30 +0200

Jason Cunliffe wrote:

> Q: Which Linux to install..
>
> We are tilting to RedHat..
>
> Welcome any comparisons, recommendations, or guides about this..
> RedHat
> SUSE
> Caldera
> Debian
> Corel

Corel is more of a desktop version, so I'd say not, while Debian has a Zope
package so it's very easy to install and upgrade.  But I personally use
Redhat (and will install Debian 2.2 when it's released.  And OpenBSD when I
get my CD...).  Truth is that it doesn't matter.  Especially if all you're
running is Zope.  If you're running Oracle or some other commercial software
you'd want a commercial distrib such RedHat or SuSE.

> -Does it matter and if so : why / whynot?

Not really.  Just use whatever you're comfortable with.

--
Itamar S.T.  itamars@ibm.net