[Zope] Debugging a Zope Server

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:19:07 -0800

Graham Chiu wrote:

> In article <38CC4BEA.730EF06A@digicool.com>, Michel Pelletier
> <michel@digicool.com> writes
> >This is kind of a distressing message Tony, we'd very much like to see
> >any code that can easily crash Zope.
>
> My experience is that returning a large dataset ( about 40Mb ) from a
> sql query will crash Zope.

This could very well be a memory error.  It would be interesting to know
if the underlying libraries could handle a dataset this large, in this
case it would not be Zope but the libraries (I can think of no reason
why python couldn't handle a 40MB object, but I can immagine a poorly
written python extension not doing this right, the old ct_sybase module
is a perfect example).  You didn't specify what database you are using.

-Michel