[Zope] EAGAIN errors crashing ZServer Aiieeee!!!!

Jon Prettyman jprettyman@acm.org
14 Mar 2000 13:04:11 -0800

Well, after more poking around and experimenting, I'm able to make an
strace look like what my crashing server does by following these
steps...

start Zope (z2.py)
wait till everybody starts
attach an strace to child z2
wait till strace output shows I'm in select
send child z2 a SEGV

strace output matches what I see in production
event.log matches what I see in production

Now that I've figured this out, I managed to get ulimit set up so that
I will get a core file the next time this happens.

Let's hang on till I see the core.

I'm also going to play with getting gdb to work nicely.  I'm not sure
why this is failing yet.

-Jon