[Zope] external redirects

Michael Oas dell7000@thot.net
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:59:06 -0500

I don't know if this is do-able, but here goes.  I'd like to do something
like the following:

<dtml-var main_header>
<dtml-var "external site">
<dtml-var main_footer>

I know, this defeats the purpose of Zope to some degree, but in this case
I'd like to include an external site instead of employing frames.  Let's
say, for example, that I'd like to showcase a resource located on another
namespace.

I've tried:

<dtml-var "REQUEST.resolve_url(my_external_url)(_.None, _)">

but I get a namespace error for obvious reasons.  I realize that the
header's <body> tags would conflict with the external resources' and hence,
I'm not banking on anything.  I also looked at Redirector and found it to be
great for redirection within the same namespace, but I'm unsure on its
ability to redirect to external resources (or namespaces).

My dilemma is that I am using Zope to design a site and require Zope's
numerous features, but I need to include a CGI-rendered page within Zope
header and footers without using frames.  Ultimately, I intend to re-write
the CGI as a Zope object, but at present I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance,

Mike