[Zope] WorldPilot IMAP folder filenames

coder@kanga.nu coder@kanga.nu
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:52:52 -0800

I don't know if there are any standards here, but I'm moving a TWIG
installation to WorldPilotand am running into some IMAP folder
naming problems.

We have TWIG configured to look in ~<user>/imap/xyz for an IMAP
folder called "xyz".  This (per memory) is consistent with how I
recall other IMAP clients working outside of our use of "imap"
instead of the cannonical "Mail" (historical reasons).  Now, I can
edit WorldPilot's MailListRoot to be "imap", but the problem then is
that WorldPilot then looks for folders in ~<user>/imap.xyz (ie the
file "imap.xyz" versus the file "xyz" in the "imap" directory).

I'd thought the defacto standard was to use a directory and then
files underneath that.  No?  Is there a reason for WorldPilot taking
this tack?  It makes the migration less elegant (we can't let people
switch back and forth)..

--
J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder@kanga.nu