[Zope] GUF: Generic User Folder

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:55:28 +1300 (NZDT)

Hung Jung Lu writes:
 > OK, I browsed a little bit about GUF on the mailing list,
 > and it seems that there are quite a few disasters. Horrible
 > disasters. Sorry, but GUF seems a bit too inmature.

It's not immature, just unforgiving :-) GUF lets get down to the bare
bones of an authentication system. Unfortunately this tends to mean you
have to build it all up from scratch.

Sometime RSN I'll finish a the one I'm working on that uses postgresql
and I'll bundle that up as a package for people to use, or use as an
example. Not for a few weeks yet, though.

 > So, let me come back to the original question again, beside
 > straight GUF, is there any other way of tapping into Zope's
 > security model and using a generic user?

Look in the download section of www.zope.org for one. The first
question, though - what do you intend to authenticate out of? A
database? LDAP?

John.