[Zope] Getting Zope to dump core...

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:07:49 -0800

Jon Prettyman wrote:

> Well, I'm having no luck getting a core file from my Zope on this
> production linux box.  I'm still getting the Aiieeee!  But can't get a
> core for the life  of me.
>
> Have you guys been able to reproduce anything similar?

I'm able to get Zope to dump a core file if run in debug mode ('-D').  I
haven't proved this, but I suspect that when a fork()ed child dies it
does not dump a core file.  Since debug mode does not cause Zope to fork
off Zope as a child from the parent watchdog, a core file is produced.
None of this is mentioned on the fork() man page, or the clone() man
page, or whatever.  I probably need a good UNIX programming reference to
verify it.

Give it a try, fire up Zope in debug mode and run your load scripts
against it to reproduce your segfault.

-Michel