[Zope] Two Q's: (1) Nested dtml-in's, (2) dtml-in arguments

Douglas Bates bates@stat.wisc.edu
17 Mar 2000 17:08:46 -0600

Ken Kinder <kkinder@messagemedia.com> writes:

> I have two related questions that I would love for someone to answer...

>  * Does anyone know what possible problems come up from nested dtml-in's?

>  * If I have a SQL Method which takes parameters, how do I pass them
>    thru dtml-in?

Yes, you can nest dtml-in's and you pass the parameters to the SQL
method by explicitly invoking it as an expression, not just as a
name.  (It happens that I asked a very similar question of this list
recently, which is why I now know the answers.)  My example, stripped
down a bit, looks like

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-in search_author size=50 start=query_start>
                  <dtml-var name>;
              </dtml-in></td>
</dtml-in>

I hope this is enough to get you started.  Contact me directly if you
would like more explanation.