[Zope] Fwd: could not access //localhost:8080/manage

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:23:44 +1100

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, David Little wrote:
> Subject: Fwd: could not access //localhost:8080/manage
> Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 23:40:36 +0000
> From: David Little <david@djlittle.free-online.co.uk>

> Subject: could not access //localhost:8080/manage
> Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 23:37:37 +0000
> From: David Little <david@djlittle.free-online.co.uk>
>

> could not read //localhost:8080/manage  (David Little, Sun Mar 19 11:55:55 2000)
> I have installed Zope  2.1.4 binary on SuSE linux & followed the instructions
> in  the ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO.
>
> running ./start as root  produces the expected output
>
> in KFM with http://localhost:8080 give the Welcome to Xope page
>  click on quick start give the appropriate page
>  click on  management screen give an error message
>
> "Could not read localhost:8080/manage
> File dose not exist or access denied"

This is because Zope has challenged for a username/password, and KFM doesn't
handle that nicely.

Either put http://user:password@localhost:8080/manage (iirc - there is a HOWTO
about this) or use a more sophisticated browser, like Netscape (but beware the
memory leaks when editing textareas. ):

--
Have a better one,
	Curtis.