[Zope] w3m and the management interface

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:15:42 -0500 (EST)

There was a recent mention of using Lynx to access the management
interface of Zope.  I'd like to use w3m.  It produces a more pleasing
page given all those little spacer images Zope uses.  Also, it
automatically launches vi for me when I hit return on the edit
screen's text input area, which is *way* cool <grin>.

However, it doesn't seem to be handling the management interface
correctly.  If I descend into a management link, I get the 'view'
panel for the link instead of the manage_main screen.  Worse,
I tried to 'rename' an index_html method, and it renamed the
index_html in the *parent* folder!  This is most weird.  Anyone
know what Zope could be emitting that w3m is not handling correctly?
I'd guess redirects, but I'm surprised I end up in the view screen
in that case...

I'm currently running w3m beta-991203.  Anyone know if whatever-it-is
is fixed in a later version, assuming there is one?

--RDM